Since opening its arched doorways a few years ago, Halcyon House has been making waves on the luxury beachfront. The former 1960s motel favoured by Cabarita surfers now attracts fashionable Gold Coast converts with its eclectic interiors and easygoing attitude. Walls in the 21 rooms are all upholstered in different fabrics; furnishings are seaside chic, accented with a delightful mishmash collected from flea markets and estate sales. Striped loungers add a Hollywood-heyday touch to the teak-lined pool. Wunderkind Chef Ben Devlin whips up simple coastal cuisine in Paper Daisy restaurant.
Halcyon House offers Wentworth Travel’s clients the following:
- – Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- – Complimentary A La Carte Breakfast for two guests per bedroom daily
- – Complimentary one-way private airport transfers (Only from/to OOL Airport to Halcyon House- 20 min drive)
- – Welcome Cocktail on arrival, Prosecco and Chef’s Plate in room on arrival
- – Complimentary Wi-Fi
- – Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability