Anna’s New York Advice for First-timers
Reprint of article from *ATAS’s New York blog:
This, (New York City) is the kind of place you can visit without an agenda. No-one ever asked why you are going to New York city.. “New York never sleeps”says Anna McMurtrie from ATAS accredited Wentworth Travel in Woollahra, Sydney. Something of a Big Apple aficionado, Anna has some sage advice for first-timers:
“We typically recommend that New York first timers stay 6 or 7 nights”, she says. “We encourage them to move hotels during this time…it’s a great way to dive into the city’s distinct neighbourhoods, get your bearings and get to feel at home in this astonishing metropolis”,says Anna.
So what’s on her first timer’s list?
- “Attending a Yankees game.
- Visiting Rockefeller Centre, especially at Christmas.
- Cycling around Central Park
- Taking a trip to Williamburg, Brooklyn.
- Exploring the shops and boutiques in Soho.
- A visit to the One World Observatory and the 9/11 Memorial”.