Anna’s Theme Park Advice
Reprint of article from *ATAS’s American theme park blog:
Anna McMurtrie, Managing Director of Wentworth Travel in Sydney, is a theme park person: “At any park or resort, you really do feel like you’re at the happiest place on earth! All round you there is a sense of imagination and fun, and every park employee – or cast member as Disney calls them – contribute to the exciting atmosphere”.
Her top tips for theme park travel?
- Plan your stay well in advance and book venues for lunch and dinners which give you preferential seating for the entertainment.
- To get the most out of your visit plan the rides you must want to cover. Make a daily plan which involves rides close to each other.
- Consider booking a Priority-First-Pass – if it’s available at the venue. These can be great time savers. They are worth every penny.
- Think about booking accomodation affiliated with the park. This can give you early access and other benefits.
- Download the park’s app to assist you during your stay.
- To ward off tired and cranky kids, rest in the middle of the day.